Community

Milligan University will host a graduation ceremony for both the May and December graduates of 2020. The ceremony will be divided into four small groups, with graduate programs taking place on December 4 and 5, and the undergraduates on the 11th. Students are given the option of attending online or in person.   “I’m leaning towards […]

Campus

With the holiday season right around the corner, a familiar tradition will be returning to East Tennessee. Bristol Motor Speedway announced that its seasonal Christmas light show will begin on Nov. 13. The event will last until Jan. 2. This year marks the 24th season that this event has occurred. A long standing tradition for […]

Community

The SGA senate passed legislation on Oct. 27 criticizing Milligan and calling for cutting ties between the two schools over Milligan’s alleged dismissal of a professor because of their sexual orientation. The legislation, SSR-20-006, reads: “A resolution that condemns Milligan University for its abhorrent stance toward its handling of LGBT issues and calls on the […]

Community

What was once home to “The Hungry Wolf” now hosts another restaurant. “Milligan’s Pizza” is a new pizza restaurant just minutes away from the university. The restaurant is being opened and run by Costa Koubis, also known as Guss to his friends. He was approached by his friend, the owner of “The Hungry Wolf”, and […]

Community

A former Milligan College student and piano performance major, Lucas Schmidt, felt compelled to run for office in historic Jonesborough because of an unprecedented event, the COVID-19 pandemic.  “I decided to run for office because I have grown increasingly concerned with the financial stability and quality of life of Jonesborough, where I live,” Schmidt stated. […]

Community

There will be no in person performances from Milligan University’s symphony orchestra this year. This is one of many changes the school has made due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Instead of accepting the loss, those in the music department decided to record sections of the pieces they would have performed live.  Professor of Music […]

Campus